We go back one month to present an interesting workshop, This time above Event streaming and Apache Kafka, an indispensable solution in today's world of consumption of large amounts of data that surrounds us continually.
Use you companies like? LinkedIn, Netflix, Über, Spotify…?
In this workshop we will see essential concepts to understand the architecture that is behind Apache Kafka, We will learn to produce and consume data, We will develop a simple application and we will see how to use in large companies that move massive amounts of data.
Jorge will talk about how you integrate Apache Kafka on one Kappa architecture within a financial services entity.
We will know the 3 types of accesses to Kafka, seeing their differences and when selecting one or the other:
- Kafka producers & consumers
- Kafka Streams
- Kafka Connect
- Bring your portable, or bring someone who has it. If Windows is not already big steps we will have to work with a stable and mature environment, and you can easily follow the workshop.
- Minimum Java 8.
- Download Apache Kafka in https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/2.0.0/kafka_2.11-2.0.0.tgz
- If you prefer to work with Docker and have more than one broker, clone this repository and follow the instructions to have a node of Zookeeper and several of Kafka. Do not this is ESSENTIAL for the workshop-> https://github.com/semurat/kafka-stack-docker-compose
- The exercise to develop store data into an Elasticsearch, for installation options:
- Installed with Docker: https://hub.docker.com/_/elasticsearch/
- Installation from the web's Elastic-> https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/setup.html
- Elasticsearch cloud: https://Bonsai.IO
- Elasticsearch customer-> https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/client/java-rest/6.4/java-rest-high.html
If you have any questions, writes to Jorge vía Twitter en @semurat.
And after the 4 hours of workshop surely Jorge will want to take something to soften your throat... and you have endured that time... so book a ratejo for networking and have a drink together.
Jorge Jiménez is member of Cylicon Valley Since its foundation. In his long career has gone through all the areas that a developer can think, making a trip from backend to frontend and back. He has worked in multiple companies and sectors, He has been freelance, contractor, Developer consulting, startups and even became to be an entrepreneur, with extensive background in languages and frameworks. Currently works as a Senior Software Engineer at Orwell Group developing a platform of financial products in the world of payments for financial services company ipagoo Orwell group.
Give me more details!